Thursday 10 June 2010

Karen Carpenter

Yesterday I watched a film about the life of the legend that is Karen Carpenter. The Carpenters mean a lot to me because they were one of my very first samples of pop music. As a child I used to go round to my nan's house, sit next to her CD player and play all their records. My nanny Peggy used to love them and in return I loved them too. Karen Carpenter had a voice like velvet and there is simply no-one that can compare to her; she was unique and their songs are timeless.

I knew that during her time in the limelight she developed anorexia but the film provided a proper insight in to the reasons behind her disorder. It was sad to watch but at the same time it did give out a good message. I am currently dieting and trying to loose weight but I know it is important to keep control of your habits and stay healthy, however I don't think I will ever be prone to anorexia simply because I love food too much! But the film does deliver a good example of just how important it is not to slip in to bad eating habits. Karen tragically died at the age of just 32 because of the impact of anorexia but she will always remain a musical inspiration to me, she was beautiful, it's just a shame she could never see it herself .

No comments:

Post a Comment