Tuesday 15 September 2009

VMA Madness

Sooooooooooo hey! I went to my friend Liv's house last night I took a bottle of Rose! We had a good chat and watched a film with Brad Pitt and George Clooney in it so I was happy :) haha We then proceeded to watch abit of the VMA's on MTV where we witnessed Kanye West in a completely different light.


Taylor Swift.....well I guess her music does absolutely nothing for me, she's literally a pretty face with an average voice and some catchy comercial pop songs therefore she is bound to do well. Anyways she won some award and Kanye West presented it to her. As she went on to do her acceptance speech Kanye West rudely butt in and started going off on a rant about how Beyonce should have won the award which was no doubt totally humiliating for Taylor. Im all for people having opinions but I also feel there is a time and place for them. Beyonce has had a long and successful career both with Destiny's Child and as solo artist. She has won countless awards over the years and Taylor is a fresh new artist. I guess what im trying to say is that I feel sometimes maybe other artists deserve abit of the limelight, Swift is very young id say 18/19 and this is one of her first major awards as an artist. Kanye West went out of his way to wreck that for her and now she will look back on that show and will remember what he did and probably how he embarrased her in front of thousands maybe even millions of people worldwide. Apparently since the show he has apologised to her but it's no good digging the whole and then trying to dig your way out. I had a lot of respect for him as an artist and he was produced some amazing music. I saw him live at V Festival a few years ago and he blew me away but now he is just going down and down in my estimations and no doubt alot other peoples too.


I think he needs to basically chill the fuck out, start concentrating on his own music and actions before he demolishes his well deserved career.

No comments:

Post a Comment