Wednesday 16 March 2011

Hello at 12.20am

So i've not posted for a couple of days, i'm sitting up in bed listening to my boyfriend sleep talking which is quite cute. It's quite late and i'm feeling a little reflective. The past few nights i've been having nightmares about my trip to America and it's mainly revolving around the airport. I've only ever flown 3 times in my life once to Greece, once to Gran Canaria and once to Majorca. Each of these times I have always been surrounded by my family, letting my dad lead the way through customs and basically showing us the way to go. I know it does seem silly but I am actually incredibly anxious about flying on my own. I'm a worrier, I always have been. I'm 22 and I know everything will be fine but you cant help but expect the worst sometimes.

The dreams I've had involved my mom driving me to Manchester Airport so I could catch my flight. On arrival I realised I had left both my passport and tickets at home. I literally only had about 30 mins before take off and needed my dad to drive all the way from Telford to Manchester in the space of that time haha and of course it didn't happen :(....luckily I woke up at that point fairly releaved but felt a bit disgruntled because of it.

If anything the dream has definitely made me more prepared for my trip. I'm usually a terrible last minute packer. For instance my family and I were booked to go on a Mediterranean Cruise and because we were leaving the house super early to catch our morning flight, I just decided to go out partying with my friends, not go to bed when I got in and packed before we left. On reflection that probably wasn't the greatest of idea's in terms of preparation but it sure was a lot of fun having a great night out coming home packing my suitcase and flying out the next morning! :)

I am so excited to just get out there and experience America and of course spend some quality time with my lovely friend Shana. I just need to push all the worries to the back of my head about flying alone. People do it every single day, it can't be that hard to mess up?

No comments:

Post a Comment