Friday 4 March 2011

Festivals.

Today is a day I look forward to and dread every year and have done so for the past 5 years. I've booked my festival tickets...only just thanks to a friend who managed to get through. The first time I ever booked for V Festival was in 2006. I was 17 and managed to get some tickets off Lastmin.com almost straight away and I tell you what, it wasn't half as stressful as it is now.
After my first experience of a weekend at V my sister and I instantly got the "Festival bug" and I can't actually imagine a summer without going to a Festival now. I had an absolutely amazing time with a great group of people who I have attended Festivals every year with since. I love the atmosphere, everyone is so care-free, it doesn't matter if you havn't washed your hair in two days there's only one thing everyone's interested in.... HAVING A BLOODY GOOD TIME!

It really frustrates the hell out of me how pretentious and arrogant some people can be when it come's to festivals. I LOVE music of all genre's and have always prided myself on how diverse my music taste is. What I can't get my head around is people who consistently bash V Festival because of it's 'commercial' appeal. I attended Reading Festival in 2009 and it's a great one to go to if you enjoy alternative,rock,indie music. I had an absolute blast and saw a lot of bands I've never had the opportunity to see and really enjoyed my weekend there. However one of the little thing's that niggled at me during my time there was the lack of warmth I got in comparison to the reaction I get when I attend V Festival.

When I say 'warmth' I mean the people. It just didn't have the same kind of easy going atmosphere I feel V Festival offers. Other's may disagree but that's just my opinion. This year's headliners for V are Eminem and Artic Monkey's. Artic's are great but I was expecting them to be somewhere in the line up. I think the shocker for everyone this year is Eminem. I for one am too excited about getting see him live. I admire him as artist and think he is a very talented writer, but this of course has provoked mixed reactions from everyone.

The fact is everyone has there own tastes and opinions when it comes to music. What I don't appreciate is people shouting there mouth off putting those down for attending certain festival's they don't rate themselves. At the end of the day if you have fun and leave that weekend feeling like you've had the time of your life then you can't fault it. V Festival caters for everyone, it's not pop-teeny bopper, it's diverse. It doesn't stick to one genre therefore it open's up opportunities for everyone to attend. I'm so excited about this year's line up, in-particular the female performances, from the like's of Ellie Goulding, Jessie J & Rihanna! I'm just excited about the whole weekend, the camping, the drinking, the laughing, the music but most importantly having an awsome time! and when that's all a mere 15 minutes drive away from your home....it'd be rude to say no really :)





No comments:

Post a Comment