Monday 8 February 2010

Home Comforts


So i'm sitting in my Uni room and I've just noticed it's snowing out again. Sigh. I do absolutely adore the snow but the last time it was here I was back home. I was comfortable, sitting in my conservatory, cuppa tea, heater on reading my Twilight books and looking out at my beautiful snow covered garden. Quite frankly It just makes me miss home. I enjoy University life, I like having my independence, I like cooking what I want, I love my friends and the stupid things we get up to. I like wondering around Oxford and admiring all it's architecture and it's 100's of years worth of history.....but. It's just not home.

I guess when your away for a while it makes you appreciate the little things even more. I miss my family a lot, probably more then I let on and I deffo don't tell them as often as I know I should.....Mom,Dad,Kat,Matt and my little doggy Benny. I miss my room and my comfortable bed, I miss living in a nice clean house and more importantly having a nice clean kitchen! Where the cupboards arn't always bare and the kettles always on. I miss gossiping with my sister on her bed. I miss watching true movies with my mom in the afternoon and strangely enough I actually miss my dad begging me to make him a cuppa tea every god forsaking hour :) I miss having a laugh with my brother and playing with my dog by the fire. I miss having my boyfriend 20 minutes drive away instead of 2 hours away :( I miss Planet on a Saturday night and mid week Spoon gossips with my best friend Liv.

I know the reason why I'm here and the reason I've stuck it our for three years. But sometimes I just wish things would be a little easier. Here are a few favourite snaps of things that remind me of home :)









No comments:

Post a Comment