Friday 11 February 2011

The Piano

Just watched 'The Piano' for the first time. Woweee i'm in love. What a beautiful yet dark film. Loved the music too, I didn't realise I've actually got a few of the songs from the original soundtrack. I absolutely adore piano music and my favourite pianist of all time is Ludovico Einaudi. I was lucky enough to watch one of his concerts live at the Royal Albert Hall in 2008 and it was one of the most mesmorising thing's i'd ever witnessed. I was literally captivated from start to finish and he performed my favourite Eden Roc. Eden Roc is very much more experimental compared to his classical compositions and I love that he is willing to experiment some modern electronica and combine it with his more classical styles.

1 comment:

  1. Lonely as a cloud

    What shall we sing, my friends?
    In what shall we rejoice?
    There alone our song lives,
    Where our ancestors were born.
    On Earth, where they lived...
    I suffer here on Earth...
    He who gives life conceals

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete