Wednesday 16 February 2011

Valentines, Jobs & Travels

Well first off I know it's late but Happy Valentines! Have to say I was a little shocked at the amount of hate flying around facebook about Valentines day this year. So many bitter people really trying to make a point about how much they didn't care about the day and that's fair enough but who are you trying to prove it to?.
Well to be honest I wasn't bothered much myself this year seen as Martin and I were sharing our third and I think were passed the whole going out for dinner and stuff thing, so we just had a quiet meal at home. Martin cooked us some really yummy steaks but it wasn't quite the romantic setting we were hoping for seen as my mom and dad were going crazy in the kitchen because my pops burnt a whole in the kitchen floor haha sooo yeah that was kinda awkward.


Martin then went on to point out the bear I had got him which was meant to say 'I love you' in fact said 'I love YO' FAIL. Luckily Mart found it hilarious and I just said if you pronounced it without the 'u' then it would sound like me saying it in a Wolverhampton accent :) so yeah Valentines was sorta a success...I think?


In other news I didn't get my job at the OMH...sad face.I think they wanted someone who could fully commit to the position and that just couldn't happen with me and the hours I put in at the Theatre. But it's not the end of the world and i'm just happy to have the job i've got at the moment.

On the other hand though I recieved an email at work yesterday from my lovely friend Shana who is taking me on a road trip when I go visit her in the States in May. Shana is from North Carolina and we got really close when I started University in 2007. I met her on my first night and we clicked instantly and have remained good friends since. I'm so excited about going to visit her and being able to explore a few parts of the USA (somewhere I have always wanted visit). So recieving an email with a list of all the plans she has lined up for me got me a little bit excited at work. So much so I squealed like a big idiot and scared my work colleague half to death haha...I don't care though it cheered me up. Here's a picture of Shana and I from last Halloween when she came to visit us on the way home from a summer in India.

I'm currently sleeping on my mattress on the floor at home at the moment so it feels like i'm having a sleepover every night :) I'm having my room decorated which is nearly done, i'm just waiting on my new bed and it will be complete. It's looking really good so far but I will get another blog up with pics as soon as it's all finished, which will hopefully be soon!

1 comment: